PXT’s mission is “to build on our skills and knowledge in vehicle and heavy extrication so that we may share information with all rescuers to meet our common goal – Save Lives”.
PXT comprises of professional firefighters from five Fire and Rescue agencies in Washington State. They have instructed thousands of firefighters over the last 14 years in the US as well as Canada, Mexico, Ireland, and El Salvador. Here are some statistics about accidents-
• About 3205 people will die as a result of a road collision daily. That's as many as would be killed in eight jumbo jets crashes.
• Every week, 22,435 people will die on the world's roads – almost 100,000 people every month.
• In addition to the 1.2 million people killed each year on the world's roads, estimated 20 - 50 million are injured.
• World Heath Organization projections indicate that by 2020, road traffic injuries could rank third among causes of death and disability, ahead of such other health problems as malaria, tuberculosis and HIV/AIDS.
• Aside from the unacceptable human cost, road death costs the global economy $518 billion each year.
PXT’s goal is to improve the firefighters and rescuers’ techniques in tool and equipment use during extrication to reduce the amount of time it takes to extricate trapped victims. Their efforts have accomplished this in many communities and fire protection districts in many countries.
The PXT team lives by their motto – Learn, Teach, Train! They have each improved their own respective department’s auto and heavy extrication programs as well as at the Washington State Fire Academy.
Now it is our turn to help those who help us. PXT is in urgent need for a new extrication trailer for their Non-Profit 501-C-3 educational company to continue training firefighters and rescuers all over North America. Their current trailer is too small, and has too many miles on it from traveling to different locations to conduct training. The new trailer would enable PXT to expand their tool and equipment cache and travel safely to train even more firefighters.
Help raise $20,000 to help cover the cost of a new 24-foot Haulmark Edge Pro trailer. PXT plans to use the sides of the new trailer to advertise companies who support them through donations.
CauseBackr is please to announce DirectDonate ™ channel for CauseBackr Donors. This is one of the options to impact in parallel to Vendor transactions.
© 2013 All rights reserved. CauseBackr™ and Xumri™